Please ensure that you have the Equustek Configuration CD available when installing the DLPCIE card.
Please see the DLPCIE user’s manual or spec sheet for cable diagrams and more in depth greater descriptions.
Step 1 – Install DLPCIE in your PC
1. With the Power Off, insert the DLPCIE card in an available slot of your PCI Express bus.
2. Replace cover and power up you PC, the DLPCIE LED’s should go through the following startup sequence:
ERROR LED on for ½ second, then NETWORK LED on for ½ second, then BUS LED on for ½ second.
Step 2 – Installing the Driver on Power UP
1. Add New Hardware wizard should automatically detect the
DLPCIE card and start-up.
2. Select Have Disk when it is looking for the (Driver) file.
Browse the Equustek CD and locate the appropriate file ( PCIe
NativeUart folder. In this example shows it for Windows 7.
3. After driver installation successful, under Device Manager
Ports and LPTs you should see two serial ports for the
DLPCIE card, one of them is used to setup the RS232DF1
driver and the second one is for general RS232 serial port
4. Use the 1st
serial port for your RS232 DF1 driver is you are
using windows XP and use the second one if you are using Windows7.
Step 3 – Install and Run the EQ32 Configuration Software
1. Insert the Equustek CD. The selection screen (left) should start
up automatically. If it does not start automatically, select Run
from the Start Menu and enter “D:\Autorun.exe” where “D” is
the drive letter of your CD drive.
2. From the selection screen, choose Install Software → Install
EQ32 Configuration Software → Install Latest EQ32 Software
to install the latest version of EQ32.
3. To run the EQ32 software, Press the Start Button (bottom left of
screen) then select Programs → Equustek Solutions Inc. → EQ32.
1. From the EQ32 Welcome Screen, click on the DLPCIe button.
2. From the EQ32 Main Menu, select the COM Port that
has been assigned to the DLPCIE and then click the
3. From the Configuration Menu :
a. Select the Network Protocol (based on the model of
DLPCIE you have ordered DH+ or DH485).
b. Select the network parameters you want to assign to
the card (Node address and the Network baud rate).
c. Under the DF1 Communication settings Select the
DF1 Bus Protocol settings, select the error checking
method and other DF1 parameters. Typical users
will want to leave the settings at their default
4. After all of the parameters are chosen, click on next then press the DOWNLOAD to DL button to send the parameters to
the DLPCIE. An “A-OK Parameters Transferred Successfully” will appear if the parameters were successfully
downloaded. The DLPCIE will automatically reset after transferring the configuration and go online.
5. If you wish to save the configuration settings, press the Configuration Settings button and select Save Configuration
Select Return to Main Menu and the select Exit EQ32 to exit the program.
Now The DLPCIE is now ready for online operation, you can start your software like RSLINX or Kepware, Wonderware
or any other software you are using and please make sure to configure the RS232DF1 driver not the KT driver,
similar to setting our DL3500 RSLINX DF1 driver which can be shown in the link below.