To install the firmware for the eZ80 processor, press the Configure button on the EQ7000 to put the device into its offline operating mode. From the Offline Manager in the EQ7000, switch the processor so that the eZ80 processor is active.The eZ80 Offline Manager is the default menu that will appear when the Configure button is pressed.
Once the eZ80 processorís Offline Manager is active, follow the steps below to install new firmware for the EQ7000.
1. Select the Erase Flash option to erase the flash used by the eZ80. While the flash is being erased, the Net Status led will appear solid yellow.Failing to erase the flash before installing new firmware will result in an error, shown by a flash red Mod Status led.
2. After the flash has been erased, select the Install New Firmware option to begin installing the new firmware. Once the Install New Firmware option is selected the following prompt will be shown.
Start Sending File using the X-modem protocol...
3. Press the Send Firmware File button located at the bottom left of the Offline Manager window. A message will appear asking if the Write New
Firmware option was selected and if the system code has been erased.Click Yes to continue.
4. Another message should now appear asking the method to use to transfer the firmware to the eZ80. Select Yes to send the file using the X-modem protocol.
5. When the firmware has completed being sent to the EQ7000, the following message will appear if the firmware was installed successfully.
Firmware Successfully Installed
If an error occurs while installing the firmware, the following message will appear.
Error: Burning process encountered a problem.
Should this message appear, press the Configure button and try to install the firmware again. If the problem persists, contact Equustek Solutions for assistance.