Please ensure that you have the correct cable when configuring the DL3500 through its DB9 serial port. If USB is used
ensure that the Virtual Com Port (VCP) is set up under the Control Panel when the USB VCP driver has been installed.
Please see the DL3500 user’s manual for cable diagrams and greater descriptions.
1. Insert the Configuration CD and the selection screen
should start up automatically. If it doesn’t select RUN.
then D:\Autorun.exe (where D is the drive letter of your CD
2. Click on Install Software and follow instruction to install
Latest DL32 version.
3. After you finish installation start the DL32 program.
Step B – Configuration Settings
1. From the DL32 Welcome Screen click on the DL3500 Models button
2. Depending on the SERIAL NUMBER of your
DL3500 answer the question YES or NO.
This setups the communication speed of the
If you wish to use an external terminal emulator
program such as HyperTerminal to setup the
DL3500 the following is the settings:
• Newer REVISION boards used
• REVISION 1 used 9600,N,8,1
• Both use XON/XOFF flow control.
3. Select the Model of the DL3500 Being used. In
this example we are going to select the
4. From the DL32 ‘Main Menu’
screen, first select
the appropriate COM port the unit is connected to,
and then click the CONFIGURE/ OPEN FILE
5. If using the USB option you must first find out
what COM port is assigned to your USB port.
Open Control Panel, then enter into System then
select the Device Manager and check to see
which COM port your USB port has been
6. From the Main configuration Menu,
A - Select the NETWORK PROTOCOL: Either DH+ or
DH-485 (depends on the Model of DL3500 you
For typical configurations select A-B DH+, the
appropriate DH+ network speed, and the
station number that the DL3500 will be
occupying on the network (ensure that this
station is available and that there are no
conflicts with other devices or PLC’s).
B - Under “DF1 Serial/USB Communication
Protocol” set the channel serial speed. Higher
speeds allow for faster communication. The
maximum speed depends on the DF1 driver
you are using. Some older software packages
will cause the DL3500’s buffers to fill if to high
a speed is selected. At the outset, it is
recommended that the default value of 9600
Baud be set be used.
C - Under SET/CHANGE SERIAL PARAMETERS and SET
DF1 ADVANCED PARAMETERS, typical users will
want to leave all the settings at their default
When all options have been selected press the
DOWNLOAD TO DL BUTTON
7. In the Status
Bar there should be an A-OK
Parameters transferred successfully. Once
this is seen, Select Return to Main Menu
and then Exit DL32
to exit the program.
8. If you wish to save the Configuration
then select the CONFIGURATION
button and choose Save
9. The DL3500 is ready for normal operation on
your network. Hit the RESET
button to bring
the DL3500 On-Line.