eq7000 user manual draft
About This Manual
This manual is designed to assist with installation and configuration of both EQ7000 DH+ or EQ7000 DH485 gateway devices. It is recommended that this manual be read before configuring the EQ7000 gateway device.
This manual is intended for the person responsible for installing and configuring the EQ7000 gateway. It is assumed that the person configuring the device is familiar with the protocols they will be working with and has experience configuring network devices.
1.2” H x 4.75” D x 3.2” W (30.4 x 120.7 x 81.3 mm)
0.56 lbs (0.2 kg)
Metal Enclosure; Desktop, #8 Bolts, or Din Rail
Operating Environment :
32 to 122°F (0to 50°C)
-40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C)
5% to 95% non-condensing
9 – 27 Volts DC, 1.8 Watts
The EQ7000 gateway consists of the following hardware components :
- Power Supply
- USB port for configuration
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port
- Two pushbuttons (Reset and Configure)
- Four LED’s
The following section describes the operation of the EQ7000 hardware.
The DHP Network port is used to connect to the DH+ network. It is capable of the following settings:
• Speeds : 57600, 115200, 230400 Baud
• Node Addresses : 0 to 77 octal
The DH485 Network port is used to connect to the DH485 network. It is
capable of the following settings :
• Speeds : 4800, 9600, 19200 Baud
• Node Addresses : 0 to 31 Decimal
The Ethernet port can be capable of speeds of 10 or 100 Mbits/sec and uses twisted pair cables for connecting to the RJ45 port. The Ethernet port is capable of communicating with both Channel A and Channel B.
This channel currently supports AB Ethernet and Ethernet/IP. Other protocols will be available in the future.
The EQ7000 has four LED’s located on the top of the device on the left side. Below is a list of the LED’s. For a more detailed description of the LED’s refer to the LED Operation chapter.
• Net Status : Indicates the status of the Ethernet network
• DH Network : Indicates the status of the Data Highway Plus or DH485 network
• Mod Status : Indicates the operating status of the EQ7000
• Link : Indicates if the EQ7000 is connected to an Ethernet Network
The EQ7000 has two pushbuttons: Reset and Configure. The description of each is located below.
• Reset : The reset button is located on the left side of the EQ7000 and is used to perform a hardware reset. Pressing the reset button does not restore factory defaults.
• Configure : The configure button is located on the right side of the EQ7000 and is used to put the EQ7000 into its Offline operating mode.